Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Vanilla with Sprinkles

6x6 acrylic on hardboard panel
Now this one was out of my comfort zone! It was the icing, really..... I was studying and studying on it, and realized that the white sprinkles were actually the brightest white, not the highlights on the white icing, which I would usually paint as white-white in the interests of contrast or increased seeming shininess or something. So I fumed and pouted and puzzled, and finally, eventually finished the durned thing. And I'm rather proud of it, too!
Now, something else to announce: this is post #765. Post #800 will be a giveaway- whoever wins the drawing can tell me what to paint on a 6"x6" or 6"x8" scale, and it is theirs free- I'll even include shipping. Now here's how you enter- mention my blog- and provide a link!- on your blog or on your facebook page, something like that, and then email me the link at kelliemarianhill@yahoo.com . The drawing is March 6th!
#765

No comments:

Post a Comment