Sunday, February 21, 2010

Red and Green

sketchbook
Trying to figure out how to portray multi-colored fruit- perhaps not as difficult as I had feared- and having fun doing silly thing like adding the highlight via finger-painting.
And I just finished reading Barbara Kingsolver's "Prodigal Summer", and I loved it. Strange thing- I wasn't really sure about it at first, but the book really grew on me as the stories started to weave together and the characters started to take shape. It's the stories of three different people- same timeline, not one of those women-of-multiple-generations themed things that are so common now- set in what seems to be the mountains of Tennessee, and I guess the real subject is the environment, the way it changes and is affected by people. Do you reckon book recommendations are kosher as part of an art blog? Hm...
#783

1 comment:

  1. Kellie...thanks for becoming a friend. I love your work...very nice and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete